Making Democracy Work in Virginia
The League of Women Voters of Virginia, a nonpartisan political organization of men and women, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Your Vote Counts.
"Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." Franklin D. Roosevelt
Upcoming Events Learn More
- This section of the site is dedicated to providing users with a "preview" of major upcoming events of the LWV-VA. It will be a first alert to allow members and friends to mark their calendars to save the date for important events and provide links to other information as it becomes available.
Elections & Voting Learn More
- Election and General Voting Information
Calendar of Events Learn More
Announcements Learn More
- Check here for the latest important announcements and news from the League of Women Voters of Virginia!
Women's Legislative Roundtable (WLRT) Learn More
- This informational forum is where legislators and other non-profit organizations talk about pending legislation and issues of concern.
Action & Advocacy Learn More
- The League of Women Voters at all levels advocates and lobbies on issues on which it has statements of position. When legislation is being introduced or considered on a topic about which the League has a position, an "Action Alert" to the members may be issued. Watch this page for Action Alerts for the 2014 General Assembly Session.
For Members Learn More
- Information for League Members About League Terms and Processes
WE WILL CONTINUE THE FIGHT FOR VOTING RIGHTS!